When it comes to teeth, it is important that we do what we can to keep them healthy and white. When we have a healthy smile, we have a happy smile. When we are comfortable with our teeth then we would be more likely to show them off. When it comes to teeth, there are some fun dental facts that you should know.
CHECK OUT THESE FACTS!
- If you do not floss, you miss cleaning 40% of the surface of each tooth
- Your average American spends 38.5 days brushing their teeth over their lifetime
- Most Americans would rather go grocery shopping then take the time to floss
- You should keep your toothbrush at least six feet from your toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush
- More than 300 types of bacteria make up plaque
- Your teeth are made out of calcium, mineral salts and phosphorus
- Pizza palette is when you burn your mouth on mozzarella cheese
- Cheese is healthy for your teeth
- You are supposed to brush for 2-3 minutes, but the average person only brushes for 45-70 seconds
- You mostly chew on the right side of your mouth if you are right handed, and the left side of your mouth if you are left handed
- In 200 AD the Romans would use a mixture of bones, eggshells, oyster shells and honey to clean their teeth
- Tooth decay is the second most common disease in the U.S.
- The more time food is in your mouth, the higher risk of tooth decay
- The average human produces 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime
- The enamel covering your teeth is the hardest tissue in the human body
- Once a tooth is knocked out, it will die within 15 minutes
- More than 51 million hours of school are lost by kids due to dental illnesses
There is a lot of information when it comes to your teeth. It is better to be well informed on the subject. Going to the dentist can be a scary thing, but it is also needed. When it comes to your teeth, contact Dr. Jeff Hadley—your Las Vegas dentist—today.