State-of-the-art veneers can make your permanent smile whiter, brighter, and more attractive. It’s safe to say that most of the actors in Hollywood today, have used veneers as a cosmetic tool to make them look better on camera.
Veneers correct broken or missing teeth, fill in gaps, and cover chips and stains in adult teeth. This professional dental procedure is a wonderful alternative to living with anything less than the perfect smile. Let’s look more closely at this famously effective dental procedure.
What are Veneers and How are They Made?
Veneers are custom-crafted caps or shells that go over the front of a tooth. They’re made by skilled professional technicians in a dental laboratory and designed to the exact specifications of your dentist.
If your goal is to quickly and easily improve your smile, dental veneers are the go-to option. Veneers come in porcelain and composite resin, and there are benefits to both:
- Porcelain veneer benefits
More durable and typically longer lasting
They look very natural
They resist staining
Less enamel needs to be removed than if you’re having a crown or cap
- Composite resin benefits
Bonds directly to the tooth so less enamel needs to be removed.
May be applied in one or two visits.
Costs less than porcelain veneers
Easy to fix if broken
The American Dental Association has published studies showing the effectiveness of veneers to hide discolored or stained teeth.
What’s it Like to Get a Veneer?
Las Vegas veneers follow generally accepted dental practices, as your dentist works to provide you with a new smile. There are a few steps that you’ll experience, including:
- The dentist will prepare the tooth by removing a bit of enamel. This will help the veneer adhere to the underlying tooth.
- The dentist will make an impression or mold of the existing tooth.
- You’ll decide on the color of the new veneer so it matches your smile.
- The mold is sent to the dental lab where they will customize the veneer for your mouth. Your dentist may give you temporary veneers to wear while the permanent ones are created.
- You’ll come back to the dentist, where the tooth will be fitted. The dentist will check the overall look and shape of the tooth, adjusting it as necessary to make it perfect.
- Your teeth will be cleaned and you will be on your way!
The composite veneer process is a little different because the dentist can sculpt the composite material right in the office. A dental light is used to harden the new tooth. Then the veneer is polished and shaped. This process takes less time than porcelain veneers.
Choosing Las Vegas Veneers
Consult your Las Vegas dentist to see if veneers are right for you. If your gums, teeth and underlying health are good, veneers may be a great option. As with any dental procedure, always talk with your dentist about the process and costs involved so that you understand exactly what will occur. Contact us today to find out more about Las Vegas veneers!