When it comes to taking care of your teeth you want to do everything that you can. Oral hygiene does not always refer to your teeth, but it also refers to your gums. Some of the issues that you can have with your gums are that they are uneven.
Some reasons why your gums would be uneven are:
- Improper brushing
- The use of hard bristle brushes
- Hyperactive upper lip muscle
- Sensitivity to chemicals
- Consumption of alcohol and tobacco
- Genetic disorder
- Periodontal diseases
- High blood pressure medications
No matter what the reason, if you have uneven gums you can have them taken care of. Dr. Jeff Hadley is able to perform gum contouring. In order to improve your gum line there are different techniques that can be used.
- Scalpel gum contouring. With this technique a scalpel is used to draw a line on the gum to remove and improve your smile.
- Laser gum contouring. This requires the use of a laser to draw a line on the gum to remove any access.
- Radio surgery. This is gum contouring with radio waves instead of scalpels.
With most gum contouring procedures, you are going to be given a local anesthetic to numb the gums.
This is a fairly big procedure, but it can definitely help with your smile as well as the overall health of your mouth. When you have this procedure done, you need to make sure that it is being done by someone who has a lot of experience. Dr. Hadley has years of experience on his side, and he and his friendly staff will help you to feel comfortable.
If you are considering gum contouring, then contact Dr. Hadley—your Las Vegas dentist—today.